- Love and enjoy working with animals
- Like meeting people
- Enjoy helping people with family planning (adding your pet to your family tree)
- Want to stop animal abuse, cruelty and neglect
- Believe in community outreach to stop pet overpopulation
- Support pet adoption, and spaying & neutering
- Are a team player, friendly, outgoing and responsible
Apply for One of These Jobs Today! Visit City of Los Angeles Personnel Department
Full-Time starting salary: $3,552.80 biweekly; medical and dental benefits provided
Part-Time hourly rate: $44.41; no medical/dental benefits
POSITION SUMMARY: A Veterinarian diagnoses and gives first aid treatment, including surgery as needed, to animals in the care and custody of the Los Angeles Animal Services Department and inspects their care and treatment; assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of employees assisting in the above work; advises the public and Department employees on matters within the field of veterinary medicine; exercises medical judgment and skill in the independent performance of responsibilities, applying current veterinary medical principles.
Please see Veterinarian_II.pdf for more information and how to apply.
Reserve Animal Control OfficerRACO information flyer
Are you interested in trying something different? The RACO Program welcomes volunteers to become Reserve Animal Control Officers serving in the same capacity as our Animal Control Officers.
- The program requires a commitment of 16 hours of volunteer service each month at any one of our six Animal Shelters for 3 months prior to the first class.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age, a high school graduate or equivalent, and must have a current driver’s license.
- A background check, drug and alcohol screening will be performed as a part of the process.
- Prospective candidates should also be prepared for a physical requirement check.
- RACOs must be able to lift at least 70 pounds and sometimes in excess of 70 pounds.
Please complete a regular City Application located at: http://per.lacity.org/application.pdf and mail it to: RACO Program, LA Animal Services, 200 N. Spring St., Room 1805, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Animal License Canvasser (Part-Time)
Hourly Rate: $15.14
POSITION SUMMARY: Canvasses residence and businesses enforcing animal license ordinances; verifies rabies vaccinations; verifies sterilization records to determine appropriate license fee; collects payment for licenses and issues receipts; maintains records and prepares reports, which could be used in court as legal evidence; disseminates public education materials to City residents; observes and reports suspicious activities involving animal related concerns, such as inhumane treatment, animal fighting, breeding activities, exotic animals, etc., to the appropriate section of the Department; other duties as required.
Please CLICK HERE for more information and how to apply.
Information on other positions within the City of Los Angeles is available at the
City’s Personnel Department Website.