-If you have a human life threatening emergency, please call 911 immediately.
- If there is a stray animal that appears to have a life threatening emergency, please call 888-452-7381 and PRESS 1
- If there is a stray aggressive animal, please call 888-452-7381 and PRESS 1
- If there is a stray animal on school grounds, please call 888-452-7381 and PRESS 1
-If your pet is sick or needs medical assistance, please visit or contact a veterinary hospital.
For all other inquiries, please call 888-452-7381 and PRESS 2:
- If you do not know the animal shelter near you, please PRESS 1.
- If you need a dead pick up, please PRESS 2.
- If you have a barking dog complaint, please PRESS 3.
- If you want to be transferred to an animal shelter, please PRESS 4.
- For licensing and/or volunteer information, please PRESS 5.
For information on shelter locations and hours, please visit: laanimalservices.com/shelters/
For Questions About the Volunteer Program:
For more volunteer information visit our Volunteer Page
For Questions About Licensing:
For Questions About Outreach Events and Mobile Pet Adoptions:
Annette Ramirez, Director of Field Operations
For Questions About Code Enforcement and Filming/Photography Requests:
For Press and Media Inquiries:
Brenda Barnette, General Manager
For Questions About the New Hope Program:
Maria Gordo, Executive Assistant/New Hope Program manager
For Questions About Employment Opportunities:
For Questions About the Board of Commissioners, Commission Meetings, Agendas or Minutes:
Los Angeles Animal Services Commission Secretary
For Questions About Permits:
(213) 847-0555 Fax
Department of Animal Services
Attn: General Manager
221 N Figueroa Street, 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90012
For questions or suggestions about our website:
LA Animal Services Public Relations