Help LA Animal Service’s Holiday Wishes Come True with $100K from the Petco Foundation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LA Animal Services Media Contact: Justin Khosrowabadi, (213) 482-9551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Help LA Animal Service’s Holiday Wishes
Come True with $100K from the Petco Foundation
Adopters are invited to share how their pet brightens their life for a chance to help LA Animal Services win up to a $100,000 grant award
Los Angeles, August 23, 2019 – Pets brighten our lives. The Petco Foundation, in partnership with BOBS from Skechers, is giving us a way to brighten theirs this upcoming holiday season by granting more than $750,000 to qualified animal welfare organizations across the country. Anyone who has adopted a pet from LA Animal Services is invited to submit a story of how their adopted pet brightens their life to help give LA Animal Services the opportunity to receive up to a $100,000 grand prize grant award. Finalist awards will also be given ranging from $5,000 to $50,000, and adopters with winning submissions will receive up to a $1,000 Petco shopping spree to pamper their pets and BOBS from Skechers shoes for themselves.
“We’re asking anyone who has adopted a pet from LA Animal Services to help us earn a grant this holiday season from the Petco Foundation by sharing their story,” said Brenda Barnette, LA Animal Service’s General Manager. “You can help our holiday wishes come true by simply sharing how your pet brightens your life each and every day.”
How to Participate:
- Write your story in 500 words or less. Visit org/holidaywishes to read prior year’s winning entries and get some inspiration.
- Include one photo of your pet by him/herself, one photo of you or your family with your pet and up to two other photos to illustrate how your pet brightens your life and changes it for the better. Pets must have been adopted from our organization, and they must be living to qualify. You can add video too.
- Include our organization’s contact information so that we can be eligible for a grant award:
- Los Angeles Department of Animal Services
- General Manager: Brenda Barnette
- Federal Tax ID Number: 95-6000735
- Submit your story and photos to org/holidaywishes by Monday, Sept. 23 at noon CST, but hurry because only the first 10,000 stories are guaranteed to be reviewed.
- Winners will be announced during the holiday season. Finalists will receive a Petco shopping spree up to $1,000 and BOBS from Skechers shoes, and the organization they adopted from will receive a grant ranging from $5,000 up to $100,000!
To locate your nearest services center, visit: http://www.laanimalservices.com/shelter-locator/
Los Angeles Department of Animal Services is one of the largest municipal shelter systems in the United States with six services centers serving approximately 60,000 animals annually and responding to 20,000 emergency calls involving an animal or person in danger. LA Animal Services promotes and protects the health, safety and welfare of animals and people.
At the Petco Foundation, we believe that every animal deserves to live its best life. Since 1999, we’ve invested more than $250 million in lifesaving animal welfare work to make that happen. With our more than 4,000 animal welfare partners, we inspire and empower communities to make a difference by investing in adoption and medical care programs, spay and neuter services, pet cancer research, service and therapy animals, and numerous other lifesaving initiatives. Through our Think Adoption First program, we partner with Petco stores and animal welfare organizations across the country to increase pet adoptions. So far, we’ve helped more than 6 million pets find their new loving families, and we’re just getting started. Visit petcofoundation.org to learn more about how you can get involved. The Petco Foundation partners with BOBS from Skechers’ charitable collection of BOBS for Dogs and BOBS for Cats shoes, apparel and accessories. Over the past four years, Skechers has donated more than $4.23 million to help over 750,000 shelter pets nationwide, including saving more than 396,000 rescued pets – and BOBS continues to make a difference for animals across the country. Learn more about BOBS from Skechers at www.BOBSfromSkechers.com.