- -If you have a human life threatening emergency, please call 911 immediately.
- -If your pet is sick or needs medical assistance, please visit or contact a veterinary hospital.
- If there is a stray animal that appears to have a life threatening emergency, please call 888-452-7381 and PRESS 1
- If there is a stray aggressive animal, please call 888-452-7381 and PRESS 1
- If there is a stray animal on school grounds, please call 888-452-7381 and PRESS 1
For all other inquiries, please call 888-452-7381 and PRESS 2:
- If you do not know the animal shelter near you, please PRESS 1.
- If you need a deceased animal pick up, please PRESS 2.
- If you have a barking dog complaint, please PRESS 3.
- If you want to be transferred to an animal shelter, please PRESS 4.
- For licensing and/or volunteer information, please PRESS 5.
For information on shelter locations and hours, please visit: laanimalservices.com/shelters/
For specific questions about our adoption fees and policy, available pets, and items to donate please visit or contact your local LA Animal Services Center.
Interim General Manager
Dana H. Brown
Assistant General Manager
For Questions About the Volunteer Program:
For more volunteer information visit our Volunteer Page
For Questions About Licensing:
For Questions About Outreach Events and Mobile Pet Adoptions:
Annette Ramirez, Director of Field Operations
For Questions About Field Enforcement:
Please contact the animal shelter in your area and ask to speak with an officer. You can find the animal shelter in your area by using the Shelter Locator.
If you have any questions that you feel are beyond what the Officers can help you with, please contact:
For Questions About Filming/Photography Requests:
For Press and Media Inquiries:
Agnes Sibal-von Debschitz, Public Information Director
For Questions About the New Hope Program:
Mary Fiscal, Senior Administrative Clerk/New Hope Program manager
For Questions About Employment Opportunities:
For Questions About the Board of Commissioners, Commission Meetings, Agendas or Minutes:
Los Angeles Animal Services Commission Secretary
For Questions About Permits:
(213) 847-0555 Fax
Department of Animal Services
Attn: General Manager
221 N Figueroa Street, 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90012
For questions or suggestions about our website:
LA Animal Services Public Relations