I want a pet
Here is where you will find information about adopting a pet, finding a lost pet, how to license your dog or horse, animal vaccinations, spay/neuter information, microchipping, how to file a barking dog, definitions of animal cruelty and how to report it, or dangerous animal complaint, what to do if you find a stray animal, how to arrange for a dead animal to be picked up, and permit information. As the needs of the community grow, so do our services.
Please check back often to see what new services and information that the Department is offering!
Looking to adopt or foster a pet?
Looking for a lost pet?
If you would like to adopt, here are the steps to follow:
- Visit laanimalservices.com/adopt and when you see a pet you want to adopt, call 888-452-7381 with the Animal ID number or A# number (example: A1234567), and we will share all of the information we have regarding the pet with you.
- If you’re interested in moving forward with the adoption, LA Animal Services will take your information and schedule a pick-up appointment.
- Due to City order in response to COVID-19, no more than 10 people, which include staff, are permitted in our facility at a time.
- Visit laanimalservices.com/adopt to see our animals and identify one to three animals you may want to foster, and get their Animal ID number or A# (example:A1234567)
- Email the volunteer liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed foster application (if you have not fostered before), a picture of your valid government-issued identification with photo (i.e., driver’s license), and the Animal ID number(s) of the pets you want to meet.
- We will contact you once your application is reviewed to schedule an appointment.
See our adoption policy and fees.
See our hours and directions.