LA Animal Services: How YOU can Help! Foster. Adopt. Donate.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LA Animal Services Media Contacts:
Agnes Sibal-von Debschitz, (213) 482-9512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Khosrowabadi, (213) 482-9551 or email@example.com
LA Animal Services: How YOU can Help!
Foster. Adopt. Donate.
Los Angeles, March 18, 2020 – As LA Animal Services continues to operate in alignment with the City of Los Angeles’ response to help minimize the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we need YOUR help to ensure that the well-being of the animals in our care.
According to the World Health Organization, there has been no evidence that indicates that pets become ill with COVID-19 or that they spread it to other animals, including people. If you are considering surrendering your pet, we ask that you exhaust all options before starting the surrender process. If you still absolutely need to surrender your pet after reviewing all of your options, we may be able to help. Please do not bring a pet to one of our Animal Services Centers if you have not made an appointment.
Our Animals NEED Foster Volunteers and Adopters
Although we are closed to the public due to COVID-19, we are still getting animals in as our Officers find lost and injured animals in the community. We need to make space for these orphaned and abandoned animals in our Animal Services Centers.
We are under a City directive not to have more than 50 people assembled in our Centers, including staff. That is why we had to suspend volunteering at this time so we need help from the community more than ever.
If you want to foster, here are the steps to follow:
- Visit laanimalservices.com/adopt to see our animals and identify one to three animals you may want to foster, and get their Animal ID number or A# (example:A1234567)
- Email the volunteer liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed foster application (if you have not fostered before) with the Animal ID number(s) of the pets you want to meet.
- We will call you once your application is reviewed to schedule an appointment.
- Visit laanimalservices.com/adopt and when you see a pet you want to adopt, call 888-452-7381 with the Animal ID number or A# number (example: A1234567), and we will share all of the information we have regarding the pet with you.
- If you want to move forward with the paperwork to adopt this animal, we will obtain all information to complete the paperwork for adoption over the phone and schedule a pick-up appointment.
- During the appointment, staff will be able to show you the selected animal. We have a directive to not have more than 10 people assembled at one time and that includes staff.
Please note that appointments will be scheduled after the vetting process. To comply with social distancing requirements, we will be scheduling appointments daily at our six LA Animal Services Centers from 11am to 4pm.
Making a Donation
We are very grateful for the support we receive from the community. If you are unable to foster or adopt an animal, your donation would be greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in donating to LA Animal Services directly, please click here. You can also go online to donate a Kuranda bed and have it sent directly to one of our Animal Services Centers, or you can order pet toys that can’t get chewed up or swallowed, like Kong toys or balls, from our wish lists. For more information, please visit:
The work we are doing for the animals and people who love them is made possible by the generosity of our donors, volunteers, partners, and all animal-loving Angelenos. The animals thank you for your continued support.
Los Angeles Department of Animal Services is one of the largest municipal shelter systems in the United States with six services centers serving approximately 60,000 animals annually and responding to 20,000 emergency calls involving an animal or person in danger. LA Animal Services promotes and protects the health, safety, and welfare of animals and people. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.