Catapalooza This Weekend
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LA Animal Services Media Contacts:
Justin Khosrowabadi, (213) 482-9551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Agnes Sibal-von Debschitz, (213) 482-9512 or email@example.com
Pet Care Foundation Media Contact:
Bill Crowe, (310) 247-8469 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Catapalooza This Weekend
LA Animal Services and The Pet Care Foundation to Host Catapalooza Adoption Event
Los Angeles, July 23, 2020 – It’s a great time to adopt a cat or kitten as the Paula Kent Meehan Pet Care Foundation will sponsor the Catapalooza adoption event from Friday, July 24 through Sunday, July 26. Find your new feline companion by going online at LAAnimalServices.com and viewing the adorable cats and kittens who are ready to be a part of your family. During Catapalooza the cat adoption fees will be waived by the Paula Kent Meehan Pet Care Foundation. Adoption fees for kittens will be waived through a generous grant from the ASPCA.
“Cats make great companions. They are active and entertaining. Get two or three and you can maximize the fun! Don’t be concerned, cats sleep a lot too. By the time they are nine years old they will have only been awake for three years. That’s a lot of cat naps!” said Brenda Barnette, LA Animal Services General Manager. “We would like to thank Paula for her generosity and visionary work helping animals that continue in perpetuity.”
According to Bill Crowe, Director of the Paula Kent Meehan Pet Care Foundation, “We enjoy working with LA Animal Services in helping to find homes for pets. We hope that the Catapalooza event will encourage animal lovers to adopt a new cat or kitten to add to their family.”
- Visit http://www.laanimalservices.com/adopt/ and identify an animal you would like to adopt.
- Call 888-452-7381 with the Animal ID number or A# (example: A1234567).
- LA Animal Services will share all the information available on that animal.
- If you’re interested in moving forward with the adoption, LA Animal Services will take your information and complete the adoption paperwork by phone.
- LA Animal Services will schedule a pick-up appointment.
- During the appointment, staff will introduce you to your selected animal.
- Please be advised that due to City order in response to COVID-19, no more than 10 people, which include staff are permitted in our facility at a time.
- To comply with social distancing requirements, we will be scheduling appointments daily at our four LA Animal Services Centers from 11am to 4pm.
Due to the pandemic, our LA Animal Services Centers are open by appointment only.
Visit laanimalservices.com or call 888-452-7381 for more information.
The Pet Care Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of homeless pets in the Los Angeles area. For more information contact: email@example.com, www.petcarefoundation.org, or call 310-247-8469.
Los Angeles Department of Animal Services is one of the largest municipal shelter systems in the United States with six services centers serving approximately 60,000 animals annually and responding to 20,000 emergency calls involving an animal or person in danger. LA Animal Services promotes and protects the health, safety, and welfare of animals and people. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.